Lauren and Derek are the newest members of the 5K 101 club. They would like to run so they can be better in sports. Lauren specifically wants more endurance. Derek wants to be faster. I would like to be faster, too, so this time around I'm going to work on my stride and pace.
First run was today. Four 2-minute intervals of running, with 3-minutes of walking in between. Now, the program is designed to get someone off the couch and running. My kids are not complete couch potatoes, so their pace was much faster than mine. I kept up with them for a couple of intervals, but mostly it looked like I was chasing them. :) It's all good. We're going to get Dan to join us on the days he's around and then we'll be one big happy running family.
You never fail to crack me up! I can just see you chasing those two down the street! :D That's so awesome! (Are you still doing the midnight run in Sept???? I don't want to go alone!!)
ReplyDelete