Saturday, March 31, 2012

From Facebook March

Springing forward this weekend. Note to self: Turning off the alarm on my phone and putting the phone near my head will not work as a snooze.

Feels good to get back to Pilates after a week and a half absence. Deep thought for the day provided by the teacher: What if a requirement to get into heaven is the ability to do a power push up?

Hilarious exchange this sunny, not below zero morning.
Derek: If I wear this sweatshirt, do I need to wear a coat?
Dan: It's only in the 30s right now. Coat.
Later, coming out of her room and unaware of previous conversation...
Lauren: Can I just wear this sweatshirt to school?
Dan: NO!!!!!!!!! It's in the 30s! I don't know what else to tell you! Sweatshirt weather is 50s and 60s, not 30s and 40s!
Me: (Laughing about Dan freaking out about the weather)
  The point? 30 degrees seems way warm after a long, Finnish winter.


Dan and I were singing 'Sweet Caroline' and Lauren knew the 'ba ba ba' part. We were impressed!

More snow=more chances to ski. (If I didn't think of it this way I'd be thinking more snow=more wishing we lived in the Bahamas.)

I love that I can get real time March Madness information by looking at my FB news feed. I have fun basketball friends.

I'm not sure how I feel about Lauren having assingments due by midnight on a Friday. Wait. I do know how I feel. Annoyed. Not sure if it's at the teacher or my child for not finishing it earlier.

Went to an interesting exhibit today about Marco Polo. A tad disappointed that the origin of the famous pool game was not discussed.

Dan dropped a container of gravy. Again.

I wore my 'light' jacket today and haven't worn boots in two days. Spring is coming!

Derek was home sick today. As I was doing many emails for PTO he came over and said, "So, is this what you do all day?"

I am the proud new owner of cross country skis.

I do not like this icy interlude between winter and spring.

About this time 12 years ago we were at the hospital about to have our baby boy. Happy birthay, Derek. We love you!

I don't know what's worse: seeing 'John Carter' today or hearing Dan tell Derek every detail of the movie.

Today I walked by a guy so tall I came up to his waist.

L and D are packing for the Friendly Olympics in Estonia. I'm not so freaked out by my lack of packing this time.

I'm not sure who's going to be happier when this school year is over-me or the kids.

We have a new vacuum and the kids fight over who gets to use it. Wonder how long this is going to last.



No comments:

Post a Comment