Monday, January 2, 2012

Getting ready to leave

After the holidays, it was all about shopping. A big trip to Wal Mart and several trips to Northpark Mall. Then the extremely fun part of packing it all. I know, we could be more grateful. Some people don't get to come back to the US to get stuff. At least you have money to buy the things you need/want. Forgive us for our ingratitude, but it sucks packing it all. In fact, we talked about how this will be the last time we 'stock up'. We live in Finland. We can buy most everything we need here.
He's not getting ready but he looks
so sweet reading the blog book.

Already tired from shopping.

Stressed.


Where do I start?

Miracle Whip, toothpaste, contact solution, socks, shoes, cereal,
granola bars, Static Guard, Kool-Aid, Crystal Lite,
hot chocolate, shampoo, clothes, deodorant,
face wash, mac and cheese, enchilada sauce packets, ranch packets, peanut butter...

Our carry-ons.
I packed brownie mix and bar soap in Dan's.
The screeners at the Quad City airport did not like that.
"It looks like a huge mass of...we don't know.
We need to look through your bag."
They also said something about making sure the brownies
were made next time so we could share with them.
Polite laugh. Let us go!

Kids' stuff.


This little sucker broke open in one of the bags.
Brown sugar all over the floor and bed before I realized it.
Shoulda put it in the Ziploc BEFORE packing.

No comments:

Post a Comment