~Derek's room is right off the kitchen which means I can see his messy room and unmade bed.
Me: Hey, you need to make your bed since I can see it all day long.
Derek: (while closing his bedroom door) Is that better?
~We were driving by IKEA and saw a group of what looked like first-responders having some kind of training in one of the outer parking lots. Then we saw a CPR dummy. The dummy was on fire. We thought that would make CPR challenging.
~I asked for a water refill and the waitress brought me hot water. Really?
~Derek, going to bed: Can you guys not talk so loudly? Remember, silence is a virtue.
~Me, after Dan had done something remarkable: Guys, put your hands together for Daddy!
Kids: Whoooooooo!
Me: I asked you to use your hands and you used your mouths!
~Making dinner reservations and the guy repeated my name back as Maroof.
Me: No, just Ruth.
Guy: Maroof?
Me: No, R-U-T-H.
Guy: Maroof.
Me: Ugh...no, R-U...nevermind, yes, Maroof.
~Derek, while praying: Please help us to have a productful day.
After, the rest of us: Productful is not a word, Derek.
~Last night at dinner, discussing a few chores I said, "Anyone who is wearing pants needs to help take out the garbage." I glance at Derek. He starts to take off his pants. Lauren pulls up her pant legs and announces she has on capris, not pants. HEY! Nice try. Take out the garbage.
~Easy to pick a movie as a family if it's Marvel related. Anything else, painfully tedious.
~I've got my days and nights mixed up. Like a newborn, but with less crying.
~I've got a boy who's been awake since midnight and a girl who's still too tired to get out of bed at noon-ish.
~Final Wal Mart trip before we go home and everyone wants to go. This may take a while.
~I'm using Derek's laptop without permission. The worm has turned.
~That's the last time Daniel Detter chooses our running route. Hills, hills, hills. BOO!
~Fun night. Driving on the sidewalk, garlicy dinner, good friends, and the Nutcracker! Lauren and I loved it. Derek, "There was too much ballet and classical music."
~My husband would prefer that we not check any bags OR have any carry ons. Nothing starts a big trip off right like arguing over luggage.
~Today I was told I need to lower my expectations of people. Maybe. OR people could stop being stupid.
~Watching the Presidential Ball reception line. I hope that lady who wore an Angry Birds dress was with one of the creators of Angry Birds. Otherwise, that'd just be strange.
~The kids stayed up late tonight. Told them they had to sleep in until it got light out. That should put us somewhere between 9.30 and 10.00. They don't call it the dark season for nothin'!
~I'm unsure what to think about my great enjoyment of shooting others during laser tag. Especially since most of the targets are kids.
~Derek has an assingment to write about a famous painting. Instead of choosing something like the Mona Lisa or any of the other paintings we saw at the Louvre or Hermitage, he wants to write about Dogs Playing Poker. The phrase 'You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink' comes to mind.
~Our laugh for the day. The owners of our old place in Espoo emailed saying their plans have changed and they are moving back to Singapore in August. Are we interested in moving back? Dan: We were interested in NOT moving out last summer.
Me: Time to wake up!
Child: I don't want to wake up.
Me: (Sing song voice ) It's Friday!
Child: (Yelling) I DON'T CARE!
~So if you test something coming out of the oven with a fork and the fork comes out clean you should be able to put the fork back in the drawer. Ya know, because it's clean.
~I think I would be surprised to look outside and it NOT be snowing.
~Helping with the Spanish homework. Came across this sentence: 'La religion no es util.' Ummmm.
~Was chastised for greeting Derek with, "Hi! Take a shower."
~Finnish elections today. If you are a Finn and not in Finland you can vote at any Finnish embassy. That would be cool if the US would do that. Related: We filled out paper work to get our ballot for Nov. mailed to us.
~

No comments:
Post a Comment