Saturday, January 28, 2012

Half of 12

Yesterday I called to make an appointment with Marikka. Marikka is from Estonia and speaks English pretty well.

Marikka tells me I can come on Wednesday at half of 12. Do you mean 12:30? No. Half of 12. 11:30? Yes. Okay, see you then.

After I get off the phone I start to get concerned. I've never heard 11:30 called half of 12. Half past 12 is 12:30. Half of 12 is 6. Ahhhh! What I don't want to happen is I show up at 11:30 and have to wait for an hour or longer.

I decide to text her. Numbers are the same in any language and I really want to make sure half of 12 is 11:30.

Me: Marikka, just to be certain my appointment is at 11:30 on Wednesday. Yes?

Marikka: Jes! :D

Alrighty. See you at half of 12.

No comments:

Post a Comment