Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Nordic skiing

After 40 years, I finally put on a pair of snow skis. The PTO Welcome Team arranged for parents to go cross country skiing at Oittaa. There were about 20 of us in all and maybe half had never been before. It was a gorgeous, sunny day, but extremely cold. My face was hurting walking from the parking lot to the rental place/cafe. Luckily, once we got going, I didn't notice the cold.
In the parking lot.
Akiko, me, Kelly, Yuka, and Ruki

Yuka and me on the trail.
I fell four times.
The first two times were within minutes of putting on my skis.
The ladies nearby learned how to get up from a fall by watching me.

A few of the beginners.
Me, Dominique, Dorte, Kristine, Monique, Akiko, and Yuka.

Outside the cafe.
It was SOOOO beautiful!
Zelda, me, Akiko.

Zelda, me, Yuka.
I like the blue look of this photo.

While I was skiing I thought,
'Well, now I can check off cross country skiing from my to try list and never do it again!'
but I'll probably try it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment