It's already the end of January?!?
I'm going to use the last day of the month to post funny stuff that has been said or done in the Detter house. Pretty much anything that doesn't make it into a daily post. For all those who've already seen these on FB, thanks for indulging me.
Lauren has been learning about irony in English class. Derek was playing a video game and not doing so well. Lauren, "Wow, Derek. You are doing GREAT!" I think she gets it.
Me to the children: Stop, drop, and roll is only appropriate if the fire is ON you. Using that method to put out a campfire is a horrible idea!
Lauren's drama class was doing on an exercise on scary/creepy sounds. Discussing creepy sounds at dinner that night we decided the least creepy sound in the world is a fart.
Derek: Stop taking pictures in my room, Lauren! It's my policy. No pictures! Lauren: It's not posted anywhere.
Derek: The snow is starting to get annoying.
Lauren has been taking French this year. Dan: If we were in France, could you talk to people for us? Lauren: I could only ask them for a three room apartment.
Dan, speaking metaphorically: It's a slippery slope. Derek: But I have cleats!
Me to the children: When I say put your dishes in the dishwasher, do you think I mean everything but your glasses? Dan: Don't answer that. It's a rhetorical question.
Kids started back to school today. It was rough to get up for all of us. Told them all their Georgia friends get a snow day. Was met with 'AWWW, COME ON!' Lauren, "What will it take for Finland to close school?" Something crazy like -60 C?
Derek found a Cubs shirt we bought for him and promptly informed us he can't wear it. Why? Because he is not a Cubs fan. Umm, what? He obviously forgot that all Detters are Cubs fans. It's in the fine print.
Heard tonight. "Samoans don't stop eating when they're full. Samoans stop eating when they're tired." That explains a lot.
Dan: If I could fly, I would fly everywhere. Even if it was just to the copier.
No comments:
Post a Comment