Derek saw this in the back of my car and said, "Mom, please tell me you bought a box of Doritos." I guess we haven't purchased a lot of Doritos since we moved here. Sorry, Derek. No Doritos in there.
It's 40 cans of root beer for the International Party!
Whoo hoo!
Told some Finnish ladies at church about my plan to serve root beer floats at the party. Here are some of the things they said:
Root beer tastes like a mix of toothpaste and cough medicine.
I can only take one or two sips and then I can't drink anymore.
Why would you drink that?
Friend Jeff Drake, who served a mission in Spain, warned me that Spaniards use a topical medicine that smells like root beer, so they are not fond of drinking something that tastes how a medicine smells. Now I learn Finns or at least the three that were in the room, don't like it either. That's two countries out. I guess there'll be lots of floats for the American families.
Oh, and remember those Froot Loops I was so excited about? No one in my family will eat them because they don't taste like American Froot Loops. (Read: not sweet enough) I tasted them and I'd have to agree. They taste like Cheerios. Back to buying the ones off the American end cap.
Oh, and remember those Froot Loops I was so excited about? No one in my family will eat them because they don't taste like American Froot Loops. (Read: not sweet enough) I tasted them and I'd have to agree. They taste like Cheerios. Back to buying the ones off the American end cap.
Re: Froot Loops… I can totally see that. I actually had trouble with Spanish Choco Krispies because they were a *lot* more chocolaty than American Cocoa Krispies. (By the time I returned home, it was the American ones that I had to get used to.) ;-)
ReplyDeleteEven though I know that products can be made/packaged differently for different countries, it never crossed my mind that it would apply to cereal! And now I'm interested in trying Spanish Choco Krispies. :)
ReplyDeleteSome cough syrups in Spain are also root beer flavor. It's a favorite of mine I hope it goes over well. I think it's funny to imagine people gagging on Root Beer floats. It's absurd!! A&W is a yummy brand. :)
ReplyDeleteCough syrup too? Funny! April, meet Jeff. Jeff, April. Any chance you served in the same mission?
ReplyDelete