Contact solution. About $20 a bottle in Finland. $8 in US.
Wal Mart worker saw my cart with 16 bottles and asked what I was doing with her stuff. I seriously thought she was going to tell me there was a limit on contact solution. Instead, I tell her we live in Europe and then I get to hear all about her trip to Israel.
Don't know why they don't sell Static Guard. It's a static-y place! And my family can attest that static is my #1 enemy in the winter time.
This looks like those pictures people take of all their awesome coupon deals. (Not pictured: gravy packets and multiples of pictured items that I didn't want to drag out of the cabinets.)
Wasn't planning on this one. My mom offered this #10 can of refried beans to me while we were in Utah. When Dan pulled it out of the suitcase back in Iowa he was like 'What the what?' It wasn't heavy (dehydrated, mix with hot water to use) and I have become fond of refried beans. They only sell a tiny can here that they market as dip. About $3. Think of all the money I'll save by using this instead! At least it wasn't a 2 liter of root beer.
What the what? That's hilarious. It's too bad with all your connections back home that we can't send this stuff to you. I'm sure when you move back, there will be things you miss from Finland also. When Tannen's sister moved back from Germany she loaded up on the chocolate. I'm loving the blog!!
ReplyDeleteI so Love this post!!!
ReplyDeleteWill this hold you over for a year?? :)
ReplyDeleteIf we didn't have people come visit us every couple of months, Yvette, I'd totally ask people to send to us.
ReplyDeleteNancy,nope,but it will hold us over until our next American guests arrive. :)
Did you use coupons? Do they have coupons over there?
ReplyDeleteDidn't use coupons. (Hangs head in shame) Occasionally there'll be a store coupon or two, but nothing like the big stack that comes in the Sunday paper in the US.
ReplyDeleteI remember missing Recces, my deodorant (suave), ranch dressing, Crest toothpaste, peanut butter, and boxed cake and brownie mixes. And clothing shopping was such a pain. In Spain I was regarded as tall. All 5'5 of me. And they are all toothpicks out there so that was a bit of a problem too.
ReplyDeleteWhen we lived in Cody, WY, I had a friend mail me Dixie Crystal dark brown sugar because my cookies just didn't taste right without it. I was famous in Cody for my southern baking - and my accent
ReplyDelete