The SUN! First time since the 15th. Is it a little sad that I know the date the last time the sun made an appearance?
But when it does, it makes everything so pretty! We love how the snowy trees look in sunlight.
I've been wanting to snap a few pics of the cheese section at our local K-Citymarket. I am in awe of how large it is. I can only imagine how big a cheese section would be in France if this is how big it is in Finland.
The cheese counter where I buy our Englanti Cheddar.
No lunch meat here.
That's at a seperate counter on the other side of the store.
This is how we buy our parmesan. It is never refrigerated. Which makes me wonder. What is in the grated parmesan in the US that requires it to be refrigerated after opening?
The bell I ring if the cheese ladies aren't behind the counter. Sometimes I ring it and then walk all the way to the other end of the counter. When the cheese lady shows up I act like someone else rang it and left.
Opposite view of the same counter.
That's a lot of cheese!
But wait! There's more! Refrigerated cheese case #1.
Refrigerated cheese case #2
Refrigerated cheese case #3. #4 is on the opposite side, just as large. There were people in front of it and I didn't want to get them all upset for taking their picture.
Here's what I normally buy from the cheese counter.
Yes, that's € 9,42 for about half a kilo.
I would like to purchase some tomaatti.
Can you guess what I'm going to use them for?
The number in the bottom right hand corner of the sign is important. It's the number I press when I go to weigh them.
All produce must be weighed before heading to the check out.
I press 189.
Here's the handy dandy sticker the scale spits out and I place it on my bag. Ready to go!
Bought eggs today...
Never seen that before.
I love all the cheese, and the funny thing is that many Finns are lactose intolerant.
ReplyDeleteHave you tried the lactose-free cheese, Lisa? We have. By accident. ;)
ReplyDeleteThere must be lots of cows over there too! What is the dollar conversion?
ReplyDelete1 euro = $1.37
ReplyDeleteHuh.I don't think I've seen any cows yet. Horses, yes.