New Beginnings: Lauren is 12 and that makes her a member of the Young Women program at church. Tonight was New Beginnings which is basically an introduction to the program for girls who are joining in 2011. To start off the night, the girls and leaders recited the Young Women theme. First, in English especially for Lauren, then in Finnish.
(I don’t know why it is, but any time I hear something at church in English first and then the same thing in another language, I start crying. Like when the Primary kids in Georgia sang a verse of ‘I am a child of God’ in Spanish. Bawling.)
Lauren read a thing about her age group, the Beehives. Here's part of it.
For the early pioneers of the Church, the beehive was a symbol of harmony, cooperation, and work.
The bishop talked about how important it is for the girls to bank ‘spiritual’ capital by attending Young Women and other church meetings because some day they may face a problem and it will require all their strength and faith to overcome it. He encouraged the parents to arrange our families so our daughters could attend Young Women during the week. Good message.
Changes: Since I was with Lauren, Dan got to go to the Grade 5 puberty curriculum review. It’s a good thing because Dan’s been wondering why his voice is changing. J The class gets to watch a movie Friday/tomorrow. Dan said to Derek, “You’re going to see a lot of things in that movie. Don’t worry. It’s all animated.”

No comments:
Post a Comment