Saturday, April 2, 2011

Our first Finnish Easter candy

Our home teachers came this week and brought a treat.

This is the sugar 'plug' to keep all the yummy chocolate in.

Pretty cool. Watching Derek with it reminded me of Lennie from Of Mice and Men and I quickly took it away. Poor kid can't have any of it anyway as it's got nuts in it.




And it tastes good! Thanks for the treat, Devin and Maanu!


7 comments:

  1. That is such an amazing treat! Hopefully they thoroughly sanitize the eggshell first, though. Isn't it the shell that's supposed to carry the salmonella? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum!! So cool Ruth! Thanks for sharing. I am glad that you are documenting your Finnish experience. :o) In Italy, they have chocolate eggs that are about 8-10" high. It is hollow, but filled with lots of smaller yummy candies inside.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is really cool. I've never seen anything like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kelsey, I checked out the shell carefully before we started tasting. Clean!
    Jennifer, I'd like one of those Italy eggs!
    April, first time for me, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't that the coolest thing ever? We like those. :) (obviously) I should copy you and put it on my blog...but we're sending a bunch to family for Easter, so I don't want to spoil the surprise! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor Derek. I just had a flashback of that movie-sad. But, yummy! I think almond has to be my favorite thing in chocolate. (That and hazlut!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. OK, maybe I should have said that D reminded me of Chris Farley in Tommy Boy when he's in the diner explaining what he does to sales. Didn't mean to make you sad. :)

    Emily, please tell our home teacher thanks for the introduction to cool chocolate!

    ReplyDelete