Friday, February 11, 2011

In dollars

Figures based on my last trip to Sello K-Citymarket.

Dozen eggs=$2.41 Lidl is the one store I've found that refrigerates their eggs. The other stores we frequent, Prisma and K-Citymarket, keep them near or in the produce department. I have gotten over my non-refrigeration issues and can buy eggs at Prisma and K-Citymarket. Heck, sometimes I even eat them!

Gallon of milk=$5.32 They don't sell gallons of milk. Largest size is 1.5 liter. About four liters in one gallon.

Liter of my favorite juice=$2.59

Box of tissue=$3.04 I've only seen one brand that actually comes in a box. Lambi. All the others look like packages of dessert napkins. Maybe they are, but the regular size napkins are across the store.

Loaf of sandwich bread=$3.05 The bread selection is awesome. Most times I can find a loaf that's still warm. Only thing is...it's not pre-sliced. No problem. We have a cutting board and a bread knife. Lauren told me last week she would prefer sandwich bread that is pre-sliced. It's gross and hard compared to the other tasty breads available.

Package of 12 chocolate mini donuts=$5.00 Wow. I never really looked at the price of these donuts until now. OK, so that's how much a donut? (Laughing in disbelief) The next question would be 'Are they worth it?' I know a house full of Detters that would answer YES!

Rice Krispie cereal bars, box of 6=$5.01 Not off the American end cap.

Hamburger=about $4.00 a pound. It is usually packaged in 400 grams (just under a pound) or 700 grams. 400 not enough for one meal, 700 too much. We need a package that is just right.

Gallon of gas=$8.57 Nothing to say about this one. Well, yes. It's better if I don't think about it.

Fill up my tank=$148.00 Ditto comment from 'gallon of gas'.

Cell phone plan=$5.24 a month. Unlimited calls/texts to others on the same carrier (Dan, Lauren, and Derek) and 250 texts. I dig this price! Even better was that for the first six months they were doing a promotion so it was free!

4 comments:

  1. I can't believe your cell phone bill is the same price as a gallon of milk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A tiny bit out of whack, huh! I guess it pays to live in the country of world's largest cell phone company.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...can't believe the $$ of gas. I'd pay $5 for donuts if their pastries are as good as you say. =) ...and I just have to rub-it-in that I bought 6 bxs of tissues for .19/ea haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. The donuts aren't anything special. They're equivalent to Hostess. Tastes like home. I'm going to ignore your tissue comment. :p

    ReplyDelete