Friday, February 18, 2011

Ski holiday and pumping gas

Today begins the February ski holiday. Kids got out at 12:15 and they have all next week off. I've been calling it winter break but the kids and Dan came home calling it the ski holiday. And guess what? Lots of people are going skiing next week! Austria, Italy, Lapland. We're chillin' in Espoo. One whole week for me to entertain the children...

OK. Pumping gas. You know how on the nozzle you can flick a little piece of metal up and it keeps the gas pumping even if you don't hold it? (I'm sorry I don't know the name of said piece of metal. Perhaps Phineas and Ferb should do an episode about it. Look what they did for aglets.) Anyway, they don't have those little pieces of metal here and I miss them. I'm not lazy. I'm cold. I miss starting the fueling process and jumping back into the semi-warm car, waiting to hear the ca-lunk when the tank is full. One more thing to add to my 'What I miss from the United States' list.

No comments:

Post a Comment